Photobucket " />
Photobucket " />
Photobucket " />
Photobucket

" />

Dirty Men, Nasty T-shirts, Free Ace Bandages, and my Family

Friday, October 1, 2010
I have ALWAYS been terrible at keeping up with a journal, and apparently, I'm also terrible with keeping up with my blog. I also always end up intending to write about something and not getting to it until a month later- like in the case of these next few posts...

Setting: Atlanta Motor Speedway Labor Day Weekend

Josh honestly had no clue what he was getting himself into when he agreed to go with me to visit my family while they were camping out for the Atlanta race. His first comment as we drove up: "When you said your family was camping at the race, I didn't know they were actually camping AT the racetrack."

My dad goes to the NASCAR race in Atlanta every year, and this year, the race was only a week before my birthday. My parents got me a cake, and since they were only two hours versus the normal 4 hours away, I really wanted to go see them.

Though I know what the crowd is like at the race, I never fully appreciate it until I am in the midst of them. You're not cool unless you have a mullet. Unlike at concerts, EVERYONE wears a shirt for who they are there to see. And everyone LOVES the free samples. We were able to get free post its, a dog hair remover, free knock-off Sham-Wows, and Ace Bandages -- And all from just ONE booth!!

Pepper Extremely Excited to See Us
More than anything that day, more than the birthday cake, free samples, and all the fun people watching, I just really loved getting to see my family. They always make me laugh, and I love being with them!

1 comments:

  1. Deidre said...:

    You failed to mention that the wet t-shirt contest from the first picture was being judged by a couple of bearded and toothless old men. Gotta love those race fans!!!

Post a Comment